The I.T. Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing FedNat's Information Technology Insurance Systems an Application Projects. The I.T. Project Manager will apply their skills to the Corporate Departments of production, operations, project management, information systems, and project development. The I.T. Project Manager acts as a liaison between internal customers, departments, project stakeholders, and development teams. The I.T. Project Manager coordinates all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle from planning through implementation. .
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assess the proposed project plan to ensure all needs are met.
- Ensures that proposed solutions will guarantee success.
- The Incumbent will provide strategic planning focused on technology.
- Integrate information technologies into the company for effective streamline business and workflows.
- Understands current and future business goals and ongoing I.T. issues to ensure an optimal level of success is being met.
- Develop a renewal and upgrade schedule for company software programs.
- Ensure that employees are following computer usage policies, pertinent for information security and privacy of the business.
- Supervise and direct I.T. and user personnel in system application training and functional use.
qualifications: Top 4 musts:
- PMP or industry experience
- 5+ years PM/BA experience
- Experience writing SQL Queries
- Understand Tech Codes and functionality(Does not need to know how to code)
skills: Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic web languages, i.e. (HTML, CSS, JS).
- The ability to work and support servers and applications in both Linux/Open Source and Windows/Microsoft environments, including intra/internet networking and different kinds of database systems including SQL Server and MySQL.
- Strong Judgement, Negotiation, and Decision making skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with file transfers via the internet (FTP/SFTP).
- Strong knowledge of internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.