'Perform Hardware/Software testing in SVL Lab scenarios to get it ready for Prod'
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Extranet, Firepower, Security expert
- Develop automation for redundant tasks to optimize Operations and Implementations.
- Introduce new technologies to production.
- Develop and provide services to better monitor, measure, root-cause analysis, and debug
- Be responsible for the long-term health and therefore help in the definition and prediction pipelines for network health - availability and service-level objectives
- Function as technical, engineering and operational subject matter expert for automation, complex networking systems for partner teams, and customers.
- Take Oncall rotation to respond to high priority incidents and resolve issues.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting in Python.
- Experience working with network fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing, switching, security).
- Technical troubleshooting and performance optimization experience.
- CCNA R&S/Security, CCNP R&S/Security
- 10 years of relevant work experience in a large-scale or critical production service environment.
- Experience leading short projects involving multiple teams.
- Coding experience and automation in one or more from the following : python, tcl, perl
- Experience or a mindset around software-based automation and large data analytics.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.