Field Service Technician responsibilities consist of installing, maintaining, diagnosing and repairing wiring and security related equipment and associate networking, server and storage devices. The position consists of ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes and performed in a high-quality workmanlike manner.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
1. Diagnose and repair malfunctioning devices or wiring in CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion and Network
2. Perform installation and configuration of video management and access control system software on servers,
workstation and controller panels.
3. Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power drills/saws, measuring devices and conduit bending
4. Use testing equipment including, multi-meters, TDR units, cable certification testers and portable video testers.
5. Install new analog or IP CCTV cameras, power supplies, DVR/NVRs, routers, switches, servers, wireless systems,
access control panels and equipment cabinets.
6. Install and terminate: Cat5e/6 wiring, RG59/6/Siamese wiring, 18-2/18-4 power or signal wiring, Fiber optic
7. Install EMT, GRC, Seal-Tite, Kindorf, Wire-molding, Panduit.
Licensed Fire-Burglary alarm system installer, locksmith or licensed Electrician.
2. Associates Degree in an Electrical Trade program, or equivalent experience.
3. Possess or be willing to obtain Manufacturer certifications including: Genetec, Milestone, Lenel, Software
House, S2, Honeywell, Keri Systems.
a. Additional consideration for Lenel, Genetec and CCURE active certifications.
4. Ability to perform basic Ohm's law calculations, read electrical schematics/construction wiring diagrams,
understand and ensure compliance with Fire, Building and Local codes.
5. Possess or be willing to obtain Industry certifications including: NICET Fire Protection and/or Security Systems,
BISCI Installer/Technician, OSHA-10, OSHA-30.
6. Experience installing/servicing products from HID, Magnalock, Rutherford, Schlage, Securitron, Corbin Russwin,
Von Duprin, Altronix, Boon Edam, Orion, Gunnebo, Door King, 3M.
7. Familiarity with basic Local Area Network devices including routers, switches, and access points.
8. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows OS installation, performing Windows Updates, Configuring TCP/IP settings.
- Ability to meet deadlines which may include evening or weekend work when required by the business.
- Ability to cover "On-Call" shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Must hold valid Driver's License.
- Must possess dexterity and ability to safely lift packages up to fifty (50) pounds unassisted.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address technical issues and problems.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.