job summary: Position Description
- We are working on intelligent security and analytics apps to make G Suite the most trusted place for user data.
- Design thinking is a key focus, starting from our leadership down to our working teams.
- We're looking for an interaction designer to work on G Suite security products.
- These are fast-moving initiatives so you will iterate on solutions and ship designs of new features.
- You will own your projects from start to finish, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, prototypers, technical writers, engineers, and product managers to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 80.98 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Job responsibilities
- Work closely with user researchers to better inform designs through users' point of view
- Create new designs, including user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the team and be willing to explore all options
- Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users' needs.
- Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details and driving fit-and-finish polish.
- Create interactions for data analytics and visualization, advanced query tools.
Sketch and prototyping Worked with filtering and querying and the constraints on design
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- Enterprise design experience, especially working with data analytics tools (Examples include: Tableau, Splunk, SQL etc.) for web applications.
- Sketch and prototyping Worked with filtering and querying and the constraints on design
- Background in Research or experience collaborating with researchers
- Really strong visual design portfolio
- Understanding of query languages
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.