job summary: Sr Systems Engineer - JIRA/Atlassian Tools
- The Enterprise Tools team provides a common platform for internal eCommerce project teams to collaborate, tools for executive decision-making, and a common place to share information and interact.
- Our team is looking for a Sr Systems Engineer - JIRA/Atlassian to assist users of the following applications: JIRA, Confluence.
- Users include product managers, software engineers, QA engineers, project managers, and marketing and business users working together on agile teams to build and support the Walmart eCommerce sites.
- We are looking for a Sr. JIRA Systems Engineer who can also assist with API Integrations, application/system performance, and work on projects as needed.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $58.36 - 64.20 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities include:
- 3rd level support for user questions and requests for assistance with JIRA and Confluence Requests include access, permissions, answering how-to questions, setting up new teams, and how to write queries and dashboards.
- Management of team support ticket queue and SLA tracking
- Onboarding new teams: creating JIRA projects, Confluence spaces
- Creation and maintenance of how-to information for users
- Configuration of permissions, fields/workflows/screens, templates
- CSV Imports
- Mail handler requests
- Implement standards and best practices in JIRA/Confluence
- API Requests/Integrations
- Application testing of plugins and upgrades
- Coordination of UAT with users for plugins/upgrades
- Integrations with JIRA via Rest API or plugins
- Groovy Scripting / JIRA Automation
- Work with users to understand their requirements, find solutions with existing configurations/plugins and communicate the requirements to the JIRA Product Owner
- JIRA Administration
- Lead or assist on projects (integrations, automation, upgrades)
- Work with infrastructure teams to set up new environments and troubleshoot existing environments
- Java monitoring and troubleshooting
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
skills: Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years application and systems support experience in JIRA and Confluence
- JIRA, Confluence, from a user perspective, or other web applications with ability to learn our applications quickly
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle or agile product development Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Basic SQL queries (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Ability to analyze and monitor application / server logs
- Shell scripting
- Understanding of Cloud and Infrastructure concepts
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure which supports JIRA and Confluence.
- Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 4-6 years of experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.