Sr. Business Analyst
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Portland, OR area.
Advises and recommends areas of program planning, business requirements management, budget execution and program coordination. Prepares needs assessment. Validates resource requirements and develops cost estimate models. Conducts and coordinates financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group. Interprets, evaluates, and interrelates research data, and develops integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
Plans and coordinates the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required, and presents findings of studies to client committees. Provides consultative, advisory, technical, and staff support, as appropriate. Ability to use survey and market research methodologies, systems, and techniques.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- The Technical Services team develops and maintains high performing business solutions (applications and reports), which support the comapny's Sales, Renewal, and Underwriting processes.
- The work methodology employed by the team is a combination of Agile Scrum and Kanban.
- We are currently looking to add a Business Analyst, who will assist with story development, analysis, and documentation.
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $45.71 - 51.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes.
- Conducts gap analyses to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Serves as liaison between line business (client) and the IT organization.
- Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Project Planning and Execution
- Business User/Owner Application Support
- Business and Process Improvement
- Degree or equivalent experience: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Minimum five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Tools: Rally, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project), Visio, and related tools
- Complete understanding and application of concepts, techniques and standards in general business analysis, as well as IT principles and practices.
- Analysis/documentation of processes, methods, solutions, etc.
- Interpretive - translates business processes and requirements into system specifications.
Nice to haves
- Minimum of eight (8) years of directly related experience.
- Technical Writing experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in an Insurance related field
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.