Sr. Database Developer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Database Developer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Portland, OR area.
Experience in object-oriented design and analysis. Extensive experience in full software development life cycle including requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and maintenance. Strong background in database development and proven history as a team player. Must be able to compile and maintain an enterprise schema across all applications and enforce the principles of good (authorized/accepted) data design. Design and maintain data architecture that accommodates changing business priorities and technological changes.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- The Technical Services team develops and maintains high performing business solutions (applications and reports), which support the comapny's Sales, Renewal, and Underwriting processes.
- The work methodology employed by the team is a combination of Agile Scrum and Kanban.
- We are currently looking to add a Database Engineer/Developer, who will assist with the development of PL/SQL Functions, Stored Procedures, Design and Development of Relational Databases, Tables, Views, SQL Report Development, and ETL jobs.
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $47.21 - 53.11 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Develop Data/Reporting Solutions
- Manage Databases
- Work with Application and Report developers to design solutions
- Design and Development of Relational Databases
- Design and Build Tables, Views, etc
- Design and Develop ETL jobs, and maintain existing jobs
- Design and Develop SQL Reports as needed
- Design and Develop PL/SQL Functions, Stored Procedures, etc.
- Degree or equivalent experience: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Years of experience: Minimum five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Tools: Toad for Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer, Netbeans 8+, Oracle 12, SQL Server, DB2, Windows Server 2012, Crystal Reports, MS Excel, Jenkins, Rally
Nice to haves
- Thorough knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and Relational Databases
- Extensive Oracle 12 experience
- SQL Server experience
- DB2 experience
- Experience with developing/maintaining ETL jobs/processes
- Ability building data abstraction layers.
- Stored procedures, triggers and SQL.
- Extensive background in development on multiple databases.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of directly related experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in an Insurance related field
- Oracle Certification(s)
- Java experience
- C# Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.