job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Web Administrator/Developer for a 6+ month contract opportunity located in Roseville, CA.
Under administrative direction and according to established standards & practices, the website administrator is responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining websites and the intranet. Working with internal clients (marketing, online banking, business lines, etc.), the position is responsible for reviewing and updating content and also developing new pages and features while ensuring that sites are both visually appealing and easy to navigate. Sites must comply with usability and branding guidelines and adhere to company architecture / design standards and best industry practices for web site content, features and administration.
location: Roseville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Sites must be visually appealing and easy to navigate; must comply with usability and branding guidelines; must adhere to company architecture / design standards; must be compliant with all laws and applicable privacy regulations; and must follow best industry practices for web site content, features and administration.
- Develops and implements new content, pages, and features of the website and the Intranet based on internal client requests and project initiatives. Develops solutions to meet business initiatives, extend web functionality, improve website features, and streamline work processes. Develops solutions and provides mockups, and recommendations to meet the requirements of marketing and other departments. Integrates web presences and intranet resources resulting from bank acquisitions including new and existing links to 3 rd party content and application providers and the design of brochureware. Develops and maintains appropriate back end databases, as needed.
- Provides day to day support for maintenance and content update of external websites and internal intranets based on internal client requests. Ensures that content is up to date and functioning properly. Troubleshoots programming and design issues as they arise. Supports the company's identity program, (including visuals, brand expressions, and brand voice). Resolves issues by providing solutions or "workarounds" to problems arising from updating of content and web site features.
- Consults with internal clients on requested new or changed content/features. If necessary, advises internal clients on viability of requests in terms of technical challenges, company standards, or best industry practices for web site content. Works with content providers to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of all information posted to internal and external sites. Communicates effectively and facilitate periodic meetings with contributors to internal and external sites. Participates in regular status meetings with team members from various departments, including, but not limited to marketing, corporate services, IT. Advises internal clients on the usability of new features and recommend solutions as per industry standards.
- Makes recommendations to applicable business groups for changes and improvements to website design and technology based upon advanced technical knowledge and experience. Acts as a resource to other departments in support of web based system projects.
- Maintains a high level of training and general industry knowledge.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, web development, or similar discipline and three to five years experience as a webmaster or web administrator in a corporate environment are required. Website development experience beyond the minimum may substitute for the required education. Requires advanced training and demonstrated experience of current and leading-edge web technologies including: Required
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Understanding of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Web Compliance Practices
- Understanding of Accepted Industry Web Usability (UX) Standards
- Conceptual Understanding of IIS Web Servers, Active Directory, DNS, SSL, Firewalls, and Authentication
- WSS 3.0/SharePoint 2007/SharePoint 2010 Experience
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, Flash, SharePoint Designer
- Client Side Development: jQuery, VBScript, AJAX
- Server Side Development: ASP.NET, C#, Classic ASP, SQL
- Audio and Video Streaming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.