Sr Linux Administrator TS SCI
Linux System Administrator
Location: Aberdeen, MD, US
Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Participates in maintaining Risk Management Framework posture. Participates in preparation for RMF activities and Authority to Operate (ATO) achievement.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Familiar with the Agile development method including release planning, sprints, scrums, and retrospectives
- Familiar with the use of the Atlassian tools including JIRA for sprint and issue management and Confluence for information sharing and document control
- Must have a background in virtual machine technologies and services including VMware
- Must have a background in Linux and Windows server and workstation system administration including RHEL 6 and Windows Server 2012
- Must have a background in the use of Linux and Windows scripting languages as well as the development, test, use, and maintenance of scripts on Linux and Windows workstations and servers
- Must have a background in Information Assurance vulnerability scanning tools including Nessus and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Must have experience in the interpretation of IA vulnerability scan reports and the implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to remove vulnerabilities for IA compliance
skills: - Must have experience with the Java runtime environment and the Java programming language and tools on Linux and Windows platforms
- Must have experience with the Android OS on mobile devices including the installation and maintenance of software, tools, and licenses
- Must have experience with PostgreSQL database server and databases
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.