To complement a enterprise wide infrastructure services - end user solutions engineering department, the engineer will help reinforce technical standards and adoption of the the standard platform(s), provisioning and scaled migration solution enabling support for an array of standard hardware devices, evolving OS and core software in a complex multi-platform, multi-language, large scale environment.
location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide technology design, expertise, direction and consultation in the development, systems integration, launch, scaling, and maintenance of new and existing client-based Windows Operating Systems and products.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and key stakeholders to establish an operational and secure framework for client products and solutions.
- This includes the identification, specification and analysis of requirements and the necessary oversight throughout the design, test and implementation process.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field is preferred.
- Attained 3+ years working experience preferably in the pharmaceutical industry in a Windows OS client desktop platform infrastructure engineering, development, migration, systems integration and support role.
- High level of technical expertise with client platforms/operating systems and common software: Windows 7 and Office 2010/2013/365 are required and experience with Windows 10 and Office2016/Office365 are essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of key technologies including MS Exchange, AppV, Active Directory, unified communications, network protocols, Configuration Manager, OSD, and Bitlocker are crucial.
- Knowledge of group policies and preferences are important and a moderate level of scripting/automation experience (i.e. VB, Power Shell) is expected.
- Must have had prior experiences with the desktop platform design (inc. imaging), provisioning, migration, deployment, management and testing of Windows desktop systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience and proficency with consolidating and integrating differing desktop environments is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.