Our client is a proven industry leader in global supply chain management, logistics and freight forwarding services. Our IS team is raising the bar by delivering best in class software and systems to meet the needs of our employees and customers around the world!
Are you someone with a passion for taking on big challenges? Are you interested in large-scale, highly distributed systems? If so, then this opportunity is for you. We are looking for top-notch Senior Java Developers to join our teams at our corporate headquarters in Seattle!
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Playing a key role on a collaborative project team, responsible for the design and production of mission critical, enterprise-scale business systems
- Translating requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Leveraging technical and interpersonal skills needed to lead, coach, and mentor development teams
- Developing a thorough understanding of the logistics business domain
- Maintaining an awareness of evolving technologies in use by other teams internally and in the technology industry as a whole
- 7+ year's professional software development experience
- Solid experience in analysis and design using object-oriented techniques
- Programming proficiency and experience with Java required
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Proven leadership experience and qualities including sense of ownership, strong communication skills, creativity, initiative, attention to detail, mentoring/coaching/leading other developers
- Experience with relational and document-oriented databases
- Demonstrated long-term experience supporting enterprise systems
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
skills: Preferred Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or similar, or comparable work experience
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Experience with transportation and logistics
- Experience with Axon framework, domain driven design, distributed systems and CQRS.
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDE's, various plug-ins, Maven, Nexus, and Git.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.