Position sits in Aurora, IL
Companies home and security division works on simple, cutting edge, high-volume, low cost consumer electronics. It's an intense, fast-paced, results oriented division. It's an organization in which engineers take pride in utilizing their skills towards protecting families and what matters most, alongside adding more meaningful interactions with our devices and people's daily lives. If you are highly motivated, committed to quality, consumer satisfaction and continuous improvement and have a passion for achieving great results - we want you on our side!
We are looking for a highly-motivated DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) engineer who is eager to work with on leading edge projects, and has a passion for automation and process efficiencies. The role is very critical in our digital transformation journey and will be seen as a radical change agent defining Engineering processes for the entire organization. This multi-disciplinary nature of this position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, get involved in the technical hands-on work, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, and show great passion to make a positive impact. As a DevOps engineer, you will create automation framework and workflows, deployment framework, and produce reports that can help reduced technical debt & improve quality of the product. You will be involved in three distinctive areas of IOT products - product firmware, cloud and mobile apps, all in Agile environment. The ideal candidate will understand the details of the current development environment and make system more efficient by automation, and process improvement, plus a creative mindset.
location: Aurora, Illinois
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Partner with component teams to design and implement scalable, high performance automation solutions for build, deployment, testing and management tools.
- Provide guidance and best practices for CI to all agile development teams
- Provide platform tactical support for engineering teams to debug and/or maintain automation processes and tools.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build and package management, and deployment scripts.
- Ensure that all efforts are carried out with attention to detail, including documenting processes, procedures and best practices.
- Work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly tactical environment.
- Customer focused.
- Calm personality; able provide critical analysis under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- BS degree in engineering discipline
- Scripting experience in a few of these - Shell scripting, Power Shell, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in program management or engineering team management of new mechanical, electrical, and software product development and market introductions.
skills: - Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions. The individual must be self-motivated and self-directed; however, must have also demonstrated ability to work well with people and have a proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices.
- Strong desire to develop cool things and integrations to ease NPI software development teams
- Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bitrise and other bug tracking applications like Jira
- The individual must demonstrate advanced scripting skills, effective debugging techniques, analytical skills, and ability to rollout various Open Source tools as need is sensed
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.