To support the team mission of providing technology solutions to our business partners to deliver an optimal personalized digital experience through the enablement of data related capabilities and services. This project manager will provide expert level IT project management for data related projects, services and deliverables. Will support the businesses and their strategic imperatives through creation, experimentation, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools for data analysis, model development and other advanced analytics needs. Develops sustainable data solutions to enable analytics and implementation of insights.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: In this role, you will:
- Bring solutions to life by identifying challenges, resolving complex issues, reviewing technical implications, and overseeing what's delivered
- Develop, implement, and monitor technical project plans. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Develop strong relationships with client and vendors. Meets with client to advise on resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps client write document deliverables and coordinates efforts of team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Communicate with internal client, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitor project progress, and distributes reports to management and client.
- Lead and facilitate design and test inspections, and other project meetings throughout the product life cycle to identify issues
- Identify, manage, and mitigate technical risks and related business issues - including externally mandated compliance risk. Communicates and resolves staff and technical performance problems quickly and constructively. Effectively communicates and manages project dependencies. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Respond to and resolve development issues in a timely manner. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Indirectly manage team members. Works with manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Ensure team submits time sheets and status reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
- Stay current on advanced analytics, data science, big data, artificial intelligence, business intelligence tools and techniques. Becomes deeply familiar with our strategic goals, business strategies and capabilities in digital, marketing, and technology.
- Ensure team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
qualifications: What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (or equivalent training and experience)
- Eight years of experience in a technical specialty, including at least two years as a developer using Java REST services
- Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
- Able to achieve results against goals linked to key performance indicators
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
- Agile software development with SCRUM framework
- Kanban, lean and waterfall principles
- Continuous delivery
- Integration and risk management
- Technical scope management, including schedule and cost control
- Full product life cycle
- Systems analysis and design techniques
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- Thoroughly scoped functional requirements and documentation deliverables
- Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- Preferred knowledge of the following technical practices and concepts:
- Fair understanding of the cloud (AWS) architecture
- BigData, Hadoop and other data related technologies
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Linux, Python, R, C++, SQL, NoSQL, Scala, etc.
- Experience with Lean/Agile and collaboration tools JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience helping team maintain adherence to technical standards and deliverables.
- Experience with data and product migration and integration projects.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines such as Bamboo, Jenkins or Maven
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts and related technologies such as Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Familiarity with data related strategies and architecture, including offensive strategies (data prep/ transformation, enrichment, data analytic, modeling, visualization, etc.) and defensive strategies (data ingestion, operationalization/ standardization, access, storage, etc.)
- Basic understanding of the cloud architecture such as AWS, etc. and related AWS technologies around data and analytics.
- Familiarity with ML and AI concepts, especially around the use and application of such technologies to support our marketing and business efforts to deepen our understanding of our clients and investors.
- Able to effectively communicate project risks and issues in a manner all can understand.
- Able to work with Product Owners to prioritize work relative to both delivering business value and addressing technical debt.
- Maintains flexibility in meeting deadlines and expectations in the face of shifting priorities.
- Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.