Our Client is seeking a Senior Security Engineer
to join our Clients team in Alpharetta. This individual should have automation experience as 15% of the job will be working on projects that involve automation. The Security Engineer should have experience working with Palo Alto, and highly desire they have checkpoint experience too, even exposure. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of scripting experience.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Technical security incident response, operations and managing client experience.
- The primary functions will be to develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect our Clients assets.
- Managing and enhancing the effectiveness of current security tools and applications including network, application and database firewall infrastructure; web content filtering technologies; VPN/network gateway infrastructure; security firewalls; corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems' assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Providing reports as requested to management regarding the effectiveness of network and data security, and making recommendations for the adoption of new policies, procedures and technologies as required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-datacenter environments.
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in IT Network or Security or related area with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement
- Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
- 8+ years' experience in a large complex firewall environment
- Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments, tier 2 and tier 3 support
- Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications.
- 5 + Palo Alto /Panorama experience preferred
- 8+ years of Checkpoint
- 3 + years Scripting - Bash or Python preferred
- Knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience a plus
- VPN troubleshooting preferred
- Imperva Database, Web Application firewall and XML firewall exposure
- Arcsight exposure, Splunk exposure
- Strong understanding of OSI layers 2, 3, & 4
- SSL Certificate experience
- Proxy / Threat Management Gateway experience
- General understanding of regulations and standards ( GLBA, PCI-DSS, SSAE16, etc.) governing technology and financial services industry
- Knowledge of VMWare NSX w/PaloAlto integration
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management; or related discipline.
skills: Job Skills:
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.