Big Data Engineer
Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.: 7+ years application development and implementation experience.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
1) The qualified candidate should have strong technical skills in MapR Big Data Audit technologies
2) Thorough understanding and hands on implementation experience of other big data technologies such as hive, MaprDb, MapRStreams,ElasticSearch, Kibana and Splunk
3) Successful project deliveries in Implementation of Java code/framework for consumption of data from Map Stream/Kafka and writing to file target
4) Good understanding of MapR Audit Logs a must
5) lead and instruct offshore developer to work on the same project
6) Understanding of elastic search stack
7) Experience with SQL
Biggest needs are MapR streams, MapR Audit, Java.
skills: Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.