We follow a simple but vital premise on UX teams: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionate about our users and aspire to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, motion designers, user researchers, content strategists and UX engineers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do.
- The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66.67 - 73.62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process-from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- You'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world-ranging from novice to sophisticated users.
- At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Bachelors/Advanced degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field in lieu of degree 6-10 years of relevant work experience
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- Portfolio required - Strong core interaction design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability
- Bachelors/Advanced degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field in lieu of degree 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Sketch and other industry standard design tools.
- 4 years of experience as User experience designer
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for multiple device types and contexts
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as well as ability to work within a highly technical environment; good understanding of technical requirements and limitations
- Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers
- Ability to create moving prototypes (Principle or other tool)
- Strong leadership skills and product-minded thinking
- Independence, agility, and the ability to navigate ambiguity
- Platform design experience and/or deep knowledge of both web and application design
- Strong visual design skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.