The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of drive to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. The successful candidate must be determined to produce software of the
highest quality through self-discipline, clear and engaged communication. You will possess a high level of commitment in carrying out the company's vision, mission and values.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
- Understand the impact of changes across the application.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
- Assist the production support team in defect analysis
- 5+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies
- (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- General knowledge of SQL
- Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
- Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
- BA, BS or MS degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.