job summary: Description:
- Walmart Global Data and Analytics Platforms is seeking a talented Data Quality Analyst to analyze, document and design data objects, data quality rules, and data quality tests to be landed and executed in the Enterprise Data Lake.
- You will have the opportunity to build the foundation of Walmart Data as a Strategic Asset, and help invent the next generation of big data in Walmart's Enterprise Data Lake
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $39.39 - 43.33 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Work in a small, high performance agile team environment - sharing innovative ideas and working collaboratively across teams.
- Work with talented engineers and product visionaries to contribute to the vision and design of the Data to be landed in the Enterprise Data Lake.
- Create resilient, and sustainable and Data Object Designs and Data Quality Rules.
- Be a product-oriented Data Analyst creating and experimenting with new ideas that will engage and excite our customers.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field. MS/PhD would be a strong plus.
skills: Experience/Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field. MS/PhD would be a strong plus.
- 3+ years experience in Data Design, Dimensional Modelling, Teradata, HiveQL, Hadoop HDFS, Confluence, Jira.
- Strong understanding of data design techniques and principles
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively both on teams as well as be self-motivated, task oriented and organized.
- Strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Prior experience working on Walmart HR data a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.