job summary: Linux Systems Administrator Randstad Technologies
is searching for an experienced Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
to support our client in a full-time role working primarily as a Linux Systems Administrator that will provide systems administration for RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Solaris systems . *Although maintenance is the primary focus , our client seeks a candidate who can automate the maintenance as much as possible in preparation for implementation of DevSecOps and a migration to the AWS Cloud
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Role Responsibilities:
- Provide Unix/Linux system administration, application guidance and collaboration for the legacy applications (Portal/Query, E-filing, 314a).
- Manage Patching for RedHat Operating Systems across multiple environments.
- Coordinate release management, problem management and change management with technical staff.
- Provide hands-on system administration support for the development and test platforms located in the Vienna office.
- Provide upgrade support, product configuration, configuration management, testing, documentation, monitoring, problem resolution, system adjustments and optimization.
- Integrate new data sources, update web content and provide redundancy to ensure 24/7 operability.
- Maintain and upgrade a DR environment.
- Monitor and provide statistics regarding system availability, maintenance & upgrade schedules, system problems and/or service calls placed.
- Provide in-depth documentation of system adjustments, optimizations and additions.
- Maintain, manage and support the Egmont network infrastructure, including the maintenance of Egmont Secure Web (ESW) documentation, such as:
- Administrator Operations Manual Guide
- Security Plan
- C&A documentation
- Project Management Plan
- Network Diagram
- Data Structure Listings/Data Dictionary Entries
- Data Flow Diagrams.
- Communicate and report operational risks, concerns and issues to the Operations Manager.
- Manage Storage Systems across Multiple Environments
- Provide Efile Application Support.
- Provide system administration Support for E-File.
- Provision users in the Secure Data Transfer Mode/Mechanism (SDTM).
qualifications: Required Skills:
- 2-5 years Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience
- Hypervisors and Virtualization (VMware, esxi, Acropolis)
- Storage Failover technologies - NetApp SAN
- Various UNIX OS (RedHat, Solaris)
- Familiarization with SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP
- Server Hardware (HP, DELL, Nutanix)
- Knowledge of kickstart/jumpstart servers
- To be considered for this role you must hold an active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
skills: Desired Skills:
- DevOps - Automation Tools experience & Familiarity with concepts (Tools such as: chef, puppet, ansible, docker)
- Familiar with DISA STIGS or CIS hardening guides
- RedHat JBoss and Identity Management (IDM)
- Experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Scripting and coding experience - Unix shell, PERL, Python
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Experience highly preferred
- SAN Experience
- Ansible Experience highly preferred
- AWS Certified and/or decent experience, working in an AWS environment or engineering during an AWS migration .
If you or someone you know may be interested in applying for this Linux Systems Administrator
role with our client based in Reston, VA, please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.