We are seeking a Network Engineer to assist with performing all aspects of network integration, testing, deployment, and network support. This individual will be focused on assisting the global team with the integration of Cavium offices into the Marvell network. This will include physical rip and replace, routing modifications, switching configurations required to bring the sites up to the Marvell standard and ensure performance metrics are met.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 48 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Performs network and data center related operational support, administration, compliance and configuration, and contributes to and drives to the goal of one Marvell network world wide.
This position requires hands on configuration and deployment experience with WAN optimization, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, NXOS, IOS, JunOS and switching
The successful candidate will also responsible for documenting the structure of the network ensuring a legacy of information.
- As a subject matter expert, the role involves being an escalation point for our Global IT
- Configure networking equipment to provide all necessary services such.
- Troubleshoot easy and complex networking involving both the LAN and the WAN.
- Prepare and maintain documentation detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Perform circuit provisioning, upgrades and troubleshooting for Internet, voice and MPLS services
skills: - 4 to 6 years of experience in a network engineer roll
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, switches, WAN accelerators, and WLC's
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Working within an established change control procedure to perform maintenance, upgrades and break fix.
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.