job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for a permanent opportunity located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Position Purpose: Under general direction, the Senior Project Manager manages two or more mid sized, cross-functional projects (15+ participants and/or $500k budget). May be assigned lower level management functions to provide growth opportunity. This position is responsible for managing a variety of projects for varying operational functions, all with a clear beginning and end (date of implementation). This position does not encompass roles that are assigned a functional responsibility that occurs on a recurring or cyclical basis. The Senior Project Manager should relinquish responsibility for projects at their end (implementation date). An example of an activity that this position would not be responsible for would be the ongoing maintenance of system after it's implementation.
- Serves as project leader for larger scale, cross-functional initiatives that are intended to drive performance improvement, financial gains, customer satisfaction and improved compliance.
- Organizes work teams to accomplish project work: including identification and confirmation of participants, establishment of a project plan, consistent work team engagement and productivity, meeting facilitation, consensus building, recommendation documentation and implementation oversight.
- Performs detailed analysis of data, workflows, policies, procedures, organization of staff, and skills in order to execute initiatives. Investigates and validates improvement opportunities.
- Supports established committees by organizing and publishing agendas, documenting minutes, maintaining work plans, performing follow up and preparing and publishing reports.
- Supports the project work by utilizing project management software.
- Collaborates with other Project Managers as needed.
- Prepares communications and presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Provides other related support as needed to improve the performance of the business.
- Assists in building process improvement and project management skills and serves as project leader for larger scale, cross-functional initiatives.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required; Master's Degree preferred. Minimum five years project management experience. Demonstrated cross-functional project management experience and/or minimum five years IT systems, cross-functional project management experience. Health Care or other relevant industry experience is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.