Devops Continuous Integration Engineer
Randstad Technologies is looking for a CI/CD engineer for our client in Washington, DC. This is a long term contract and this person will be part of the team working to create a platform to combine technologies that resulted as part of a merger. This team is passionate about technology and wants individuals that are driven with little supervision and want to make an impact.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Performs engineering design evaluations. May develop a range of products.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues. Development of monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and implementing solutions
- Develop standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness
- Make recommendations related to testing techniques and processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and 3 to 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Experience automating the deployment of software using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience of Jenkins for continuous integration
- Ability to utilize and work with a large variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Data management skills with an emphasis in automation tools
- Experienced with revision control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Github"
- Able to build strong relationships with QA and Software Engineers in an operational capacity to maintain continuous delivery of critical systems
- Experience provisioning and managing applications in both virtual and cloud infrastructures (AWS and Openstack preferred)
- Strong skillset in deployment and network operations, or sys-admins who have a background in scripting and coding
- Container experience in Docker and Kubernetes
skills: Scope of Work:
System planning, automation, support and maintenance for multiple software development environments on OpenStack and AWS infrastructure (CloudFoundry, CloudFormation, Teraform)
Automate platform configuration and deployment process via code (java/python/etc) and automation frameworks (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SALT)
Familiar with all concepts and principles of 'Infrastructure as code'
Monitor internal infrastructure and servers to ensure resource availability. (TSDB, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Splunk)
Make recommendations for server and instance allocations based on usage (capacity planning, cost optimization)
Deploy software to various target environments, including production
Perform analysis and benchmarks relating to the software installations; document and publish results.
Participate in review of catastrophic failures and provide analysis to justify implementing preventative measures via alarms or other contingencies, including redesign.
Configure networking services and servers for proper intra-server communications (firewall/ACL work)
Proactive management of systems installations' performance, health and capacity.
Ensure consistent platform performances and operations
Ability to take leadership role on projects and consistently meet deadlines
Team-player possessing flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the work done.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.