The Web Application Firewall Manager will be responsible for leading the team that is responsible for the packet capture technology along with the decryption of data. The individual will perform discovery, business case development, and definition of client issues, and design, document and present corresponding technical solutions.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Security Engineer for WAF technologies such as F5, Imperva, and Network Access Control
- Daily maintenance of rules and policy enabling
- Work with application teams to ensure all rules have been tune properly
- Ensure rules against OWASP top 10 are in place
- Configuring, conducting and managing tools such as F5 ASM, Imperva and NAC (Forescout, FortiNAC)
- Develop and maintain customized iRules and powershell scripts
- Apply In-depth knowledge of encryption standards and methodology
- Provide best practices recommendations across the enterprise
- Technical and documentation testing of significant maintenance, operational, process & updates.
- Responsibility for maintaining relationships and communications with senior technology and business leaders on matters relating to network security.
- Able to process PCAPS for data inspection and troubleshooting
- Perform audits to ensure security tools are able to see decrypted data and protect HIPAA,PHI,PCI
- Communicating with multiple areas within IT and some business areas
- Appliance health and metrics reporting
- Assist in recruiting, training, and forming teams for security development
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation with team members
- System engineer (architecting WAF solution)
- Documentation for process and solutions
- Network Access Control maintenance
Core Competencies Desired
- Conflict management, problem solving, customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure activities are in alignment with the business objectives and risk management framework
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems via tcpdump or wireshark
- Strong AWS/Azure knowledge
- 10+ years WAF experience
- 5+ years of AWS/Azure cloud cybersecurity and architecture
- 5+ years NAC experience
- 2+ Years of scripting or programming experience
- System administrator experience with various web server technologies 5+ years
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Fortinet, Firepower, Gigamon preferred
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically twelve or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CCNA Security +, AWS Security, CCNP Security, CCIE, CCSP, CCIE, CCA, ITIL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.