Design, implement and maintain medium sized projects and/or technology initiatives to ensure timely and cost effective flow of information to stakeholders. Collaborate technically within a team of developers throughout the entire application life cycle: planning, analysis, designing, programming, testing and implementing existing and/or new systems. Develop customer relationships and serve as the point of contact for user support. Company Overview
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
location: Chesterfield, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 56 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
CWR Systems Analyst/Programmer
(Valid From 02/06/2019 To 04/03/2019) Language:
English (US) Company:
RGA Enterprise Services Company Location
United States Organization Level:
United States Requisition Number:
US03673 Requisition Type:
Staff Augmentation/Outsourced Schedule Type:
Full Time Expected Start Date:
02/06/2019 Work Location:
Chesterfield MO Relocation Offered?:
No Workday-Job Profile:
CWR - Agency Workday Position-ID:
P-06980 Position Overview
Design, implement and maintain medium sized projects and/or technology initiatives to ensure timely and cost effective flow of information to stakeholders. Collaborate technically within a team of developers throughout the entire application life cycle: planning, analysis, designing, programming, testing and implementing existing and/or new systems. Develop customer relationships and serve as the point of contact for user support.
Contract Assignment - 12 months, possible RTH
Bill Rate- $75-$85
HM - Larry Jin
Submit your top two candidates Responsibilities
- Analyze user requirements, develop functional specifications and perform gap analysis of existing information systems.
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
- Identify and resolve problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners and team members in the areas of functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex Oracle application systems.
- Develop low-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications as needed.
- Review/Approve detailed technical decisions and high and low level design documentation.
- Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
- Ensures code quality, performs code reviews, and mentors development team members.
- Ensure users' expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 - 8 years experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL (10g or later) and Oracle database (11g or later),
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems' design and technical solutions.
- Knowledge of structured and object oriented programming, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills with focused attention to detail
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with other IT associates and business users
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Good skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree and/or LOMA certification
- 8+ years experience in programming/systems analysis
- Experience with Oracle Developer Suite (Forms/Reports 10g or higher)
- Experience with object oriented programming frameworks (ex. .NET C#, Java)
- Broad business and finance related knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation Server (2010 or later), AIX/UNIX shell, Windows Server (2003 or later), MS SharePoint (2010 or higher), ServiceNow, MS Active Directory, XML Structures, and Toad
- Knowledge of various open source tools and frameworks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.