Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
The Lead Quality Assurance Engineer is the technical role responsible for designing and developing testing solutions, and partnering with developers to troubleshoot system defects. The Lead may coach and mentor more junior technical staff.
location: Yonkers, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7 to 10 years of IT and business experience with at least 5 years in Quality Assurance.
- 2 to 3 years of audit or assessment or other relevant experience.
- Needed skills and knowledge include systems lifecycle development, project management, quality management and improvement methodologies and standards such as Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma and the Software Engineering Institute - Capability Maturity Model (SEICMM).
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and with minimal direction.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining automated and manual test plans and test scripts/cases, as well as reporting and tracking defects.
- Experience in testing and validating ETL and data extraction scripts.
- Experience validating data presented in customer facing reporting against the data source.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience with SQL scripting and automated testing tools such as Mercury or Segue
. Physical Demands: Normal physical demands associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer usage.
- Expert/lead technical role responsible for designing and developing automated testing scripts, and partnering with developers to troubleshoot system defects.
- Provides strategic direction, guidance and integrated solutions to enterprise-wide quality engineering initiatives.
- Works on multiple projects as a technical lead or as the subject matter expert.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance and compliance processes for the IT organization.
skills: - Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams on QA methodologies and processes, educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving ontime and quality deliverables.
- Makes recommendations and directs improvements to the software development lifecycle process.
- Documents non-compliance to policies, process and standards and assists in their resolution.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in IT performance metrics.
- Designs, monitors and analyzes performance metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
- Conducts audits and analyzes findings to develop appropriate corrective action recommendations.
- Provides training on established processes and policies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.