Sr Project Manager 2
Detailed job description:
The Project Manager II (PM-II) position is responsible for all aspects of the planning, oversight, coordination, facilitation and management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
This position manages projects that have a low to moderate level of complexity. The position provides leadership, management, direction, coordination and control over the project.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
· Create, Staff and Lead Project team(s). Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project.
· The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
· Establish and maintain communications among all project/programs stakeholders: Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
· Plan the project (s) assigned, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project. Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, integration processes, detailed design, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
· Execute the projects according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits. Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
· Effective presentation skills: Ability to create, develop and deliver project / business case presentations to Senior Management / project sponsors, including executive funding approvals. Present reports to appropriate management / governance teams skillfully.
· 4-year degree plus 5+ years of prior IT project management work related experience; or 9+ years of project management experience in lieu of a degree
· Proficiency to Expertise in Project Management
· Proficiency to Expertise in Decision Making, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
· Proficiency to Expertise in Project related work experience; Risk Management; Project leadership; Strong Collaboration and Oversight
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple IT related technology projects with cross functional teams
· Proficiency to Expertise in project related Scheduling, Cost Controls, and Project Budget Management
· Demonstrated expertise in written and verbal communications
· Demonstrated experience in use of Microsoft products such as Excel, Work, Power Point, Microsoft Project
· Ability to adapt to change skillfully
skills: Desired Qualifications
· Education: Master's degree in Business (MBA), Project Management, or equivalent
· Certifications: PMI (PMP) certification
· Proficiency to Expertise managing IT related technology projects with cross functional teams
· Applicable Energy/Utility experience, particularly in IT, Cybersecurity or Telecommunications
· Proficiency to Expertise in project related Scheduling, Cost Controls, project budget management
· Proficiency to expertise in written and verbal communications
· Proficiency to Expertise using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Project
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.