Principal IT Solution Architect
This position is responsible for defining the future architecture and roadmap of products and solutions, for the IT Applications area, that support the company's strategic plan.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Understands and translates the business process owners' needs to information technology solutions to provide meaningful business value
- Use Enterprise Architecture concepts and best practices to designs efficient, future proof, and supportable solutions
- Oversees the resilience and security of all Enterprise Application architecture and design.
- Aligns solution architecture principles and strategies to the IT security program
- Creates cost and value transparency and balances OPEX/CAPEX, on-prem/off-prem, transformational/keep-the-lights-on, COTS/in-house and other solution aspects to maximize the business value of IT assets throughout their lifecycle
- Defines and designs all Information Architecture services
- Maintains application reference models and the mapping to information, business process, and core Granite capabilities to enable agile and efficient solution design, build, and support
- With the CIO, IT Leadership, and key strategic IT vendors develops the long term strategy for the application platforms to align with the company's strategic plan and meet the business growth and performance goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study, required
- 10+ years progressive IT experience
- 5+ years application and information architecture experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive
location: Watsonville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proven track record of Solutions Architecture vision, innovation and execution
- Understanding and practical use of architecture frameworks, and best practices
- Experience with developing an Information Architecture governance plan
- Experience with business process blue-printing and re-engineering
- Experience with development frameworks (.NET, Java, PHP, Ruby and Python), collaboration and social platforms (ECM, Yammer, SharePoint etc.), and middleware and web technologies, (WCM, HTML5, CSS etc.)
- Experience with application integration, ESBs, BPM, SOA, integration patterns, BI, OLAP, Data Marts, EDW, ETL solutions, SDLC, traditional and Agile development methodologies
- Proven track record in providing secure and resilient solution designs
- Solid understanding of integrated business platforms, relational databases, data models and related development tools, as well as core IT processes and controls including ITIL, ISO and COBIT
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority
- Team player, with excellent collaboration, presentation and influencing skills
- Accountable for the application portfolio, portfolio rationalization, platforms lifecycle, sourcing strategy and 8 Quarter Application Road Maps
- Develops and maintains principles, standards, policies, and guidelines related to the various application domains to drive consistency and efficiency across the enterprise
- Applies data integrity, confidentiality and availability best practices to design solutions that balance technology risks and the corresponding controls
- Documents and promotes systems engineering best practices, and mentors colleagues to enhance organizational capabilities
- Contributes to the structure, creation and maintenance the Service Catalog and the definition of KPIs, SLAs and OLAs enhancing IT service delivery
skills: - Participates in portfolio prioritization and project development (concepts, business cases, feasibility, POCs, use cases, requirements, user stories, RFPs, RFIs, vendor/product selection etc.) to ensure that the IT organization is focusing on the right initiatives
- Follows up on completed projects to validate that the solutions delivered the required short and long term value
- Functions as an architectural lead on various Granite IT projects and accountable for technical design quality
- Understands and when applicable champions emerging information technologies such as mobile, social, cloud, and big data to drive efficiency and enable differentiating business capabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.