Business Support Consultant
This position will prepare reports as well as review submissions from line of business reporting teams. He/she will provide assistance as a regulatory reporting subject matter expert for Business data providers. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being an independent self-starter, detail-oriented, eager to learn and must be able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment. Strong work ethics and ability to go above and beyond expectations needed in order to meet stringent deadlines and deliver super results.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $47.92 - 53.90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintain advanced knowledge of FR Y14Q/M regularity requirement and enforce the compliance to the latest requirements
- Ensure timely filings of assigned regulatory reports in accordance with the applicable instructions
- Provide timely responses to regulator inquiries
- Anticipate and identify issues based on expert knowledge of existing reporting processes and/or business trends, and propose solutions
- Develop standards for report review process to include analytics analysis, recommitment function, and internal control reviewing log
- Provide guidance and set timelines to reporting partners to ensure that filings are accurate and timely submitted
- Develop and maintain SharePoint for communication and data collection to ensure that the sites are in compliance with all policies
- Analyze the regulatory proposal of new/revised rules, support the reporting team to assess the data readability, and assist in addressing the comments
- Strong Excel skills
- 2+ years recent experience in reporting in one or a combination of the following: reporting analytics; or modeling; finance; or a college degree or higher in a quantitative field such as finance, accounting, economics, econometrics, applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
skills: Desired Qualifications
Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations - Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department - Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations - Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy - Ability to meet stringent deadlines - Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment - Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills - Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC - Knowledge and understanding of financial services - 3+ years of financial services industry experience - Working knowledge of the other main US Regulatory Reports . - Experience with the General Ledger and data reconcilement to regulatory reports.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.