Looking for a Senior DeOPs Engineer, with experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 72 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Description:
- Global Link, a division of Client, is a leader in providing electronic trading platforms for multiple asset classes.
- Our platforms are used by 19 of the top 20 largest asset managers to execute trades, as well as manage post trade settlement processes.
- We build and run multiple electronic trading platforms.
- Currently these are mostly big monolithic applications running on-premise.
- We have embarked on a major re-architecture effort towards microservice architecture on top of a new security platform.
- We plan to containerize these services and deploy to Kubernetes clusters, either on-premise or in a public cloud, or both with a hybrid strategy.
- We are looking for a passionate DevOp engineer to help us build and run the new infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate is someone with expert working experience with Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience with security/SSO is a BIG plus.
- BS degree in CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and maintaining production systems using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expert knowledge of NGINX.
- Expert knowledge of load balancer.
- Good knowledge and experience of CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of ELK/EFK or other log management tools.
- Working knowledge of DNS, network routing/subnetting, monitoring, SSL certificates, performance and HA.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar technologies.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux web-based solutions. Good knowledge and experience with Java-based app servers such as Tomcat/Spring Boot and Node.js.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear, energetic and excited interest in automating everything (build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes Infrastructure as Code
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Docker and Kubernetes knowledge and experience is a MUST.
- Knowledge and experience of OpenID Connect and SSO is a big plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.