Senior Java Developer needed!
Senior Java Developer
*Must be w2 without sponsorship needs
IT Java Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. IT Java Developers should have expertise in the development of multi-platform, distributed applications and object-oriented programming. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. IT Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Write code for moderately complex system designs, spanning multiple platforms.
- Write code for new programs and enhance existing programs.
- Experience on service Integrations using SOAP and Rest webservices.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify the integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- "Scope" time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging; set test conditions based upon code specifications.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle and document what has to be migrated.
- Research vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree required IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of software design patterns and object-oriented design concepts.
- Working Integration experience using SOAP and Rest Webservices/APIS.
- Proficiency in XML and JSON data formats and WSDL/XSD schema definitions.
- Working experience with Java-based technologies including J2EE, JMS/MQ and JAXB/RPC.
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture and functional programming.
- Working experience with source code repositories and build tools like GitLab, SVN, Jenkins and similar tools and technologies
- Flexible team player and able to work long hours as needed and rotational on call support.
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Should be able to unit test and debug most program errors
skills: - Experience in IBM WebSphere V7 or above
- Experience in writing mid to complex SQL / PL SQL or similar query language in UDB / Oracle / MS SQL.
- Experience in no SQL like MongoDB
- Experience in BIGDATA environment like Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- Experience in tools like SQL Developer, TOAD ,Data Studio ,SQL Management Studio and ROBO Mongo.
- Good experience in eclipse based tools like IBM RAD/IID or similar development and debugging tools.
- Experience using Agile methodology.
Experience on following would be a plus:
o Experience in IBM BPM (Integrations)/Process server.
o Experience is designing and developing Microservices.
o Experience with messaging technologies like: MQ /Kafka
o Experience using Spring boot
o knowledge of the Healthcare industry
o Experience with RedHat OpenShift
o Experience in security like OAUTH, SAML, JWT, LDAP, AD etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.