Randstad is looking for a dynamic individual to join the scrum team of one of your top clients in the Burlington, MA area
As a member of a local scrum team, design, implement and test new functionality for PowerShare, "The industry's largest cloud network for image and medical imaging data exchange." You would report to the Director of Engineering.
location: Burlington, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $132,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Principal duties and responsibilities
- Assisting in software development of assigned project components interpreting requirements effectively and collaborating with cross-functional team members.
- Writing technical specifications for assigned application components or major features/versions including functional specifications and design specifications.
- Leading development of components and ensuring coordination / collaboration across internal stakeholders and vendors; liaises with distributed teams globally.
- Ensuring quality code release to next step in the chain such as QA team.
- Documenting and maintaining defects and enhancements in the company issue management system.
- Owning and managing user stories and leading smaller design efforts within the context of the Agile methodology.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
qualifications: Required skills:
- Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
- Excellent Java programming skills, and working knowledge of Frameworks.
- Experience with Java concurrency.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, and NoSQL datastores.
- Knowledge of containerization.
Experience with REST APIs (client and server).
- Proven experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications.
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as excellent listening skills.
- Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology.
skills: Preferred skills:
- Experience with cloud development (preferably Azure).
- Experience with DICOM, healthcare data and systems a plus.
- Experience with self-updating software (i.e. software queries home to find out if there are updates, downloads available updates and applies them).
- Experience developing software to run on a remote platform with no direct access to the platform.
- Experience with Python.
- We are seeking a 50/50 Front end/back end developer.
- This role has a focus on architectural work, leading development, and ownership of larger product features.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.