Our Client is seeking a Systems Engineer for an exciting project in Alpharetta. This individual should be a Senior IBM Websphere MQ Engineer that has experience providing middleware messaging engineering, administration and system support for new and existing production MQ environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, patch installation, upgrades, object definition, configuration, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for MQ usage, high availability and business continuity
- Create and support MQ objects across internal and end-user applications
- Administer MQ security across all database environments including use of SSL/TLS when appropriate
- Provide guidance to other MQ engineers to expand the role and capabilities of the middleware environment
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in MQ engineering and administration
- Assist developers on the proper coding and use of MQ
- Setup and administer MQ monitoring software (Nastel or BMC Truesight)
- Knowledge of Redhat system administration - permissions, filesystems, software installation, software upgrades, troubleshooting
Minimum 7 years of database/middleware messaging related experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
skills: ADDITIONAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES DESIRED
- Prior experience with the following is preferred: MQ 7.5 or higher for Linux and Z/OS, Nastel Autopilot, BMC Truesight, Redhat Linux, and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Autosys job scheduling
- Scripting languages such as bash script or Perl
- Pub/Sub implementation experience
- Experience with MQ Appliance a plus not a requrirement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.