The Storage Operations Engineer is responsible for the support, enhancement, and operational delivery of mission critical managed IT services, specifically Cloud Storage Platforms. The Storage Operations Engineer is responsible for ongoing allocation of data center storage (EMC, NetApp, Infinidat & Other Platforms) to all Cloud platforms for internal and external customers. Cloud Platforms are geographically dispersed and, as such, require a "remote hands" approach to technical support leveraging vendor and local datacenter technicians.
location: Aurora, Colorado
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Implement and support SAN and NAS Infrastructure (including installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, and maintenance & monitoring).
- Storage provisioning to endpoints (including, but not limited to, Windows, Linux, and virtualized servers).
- Installs and configures disk storage systems
- Manages fiber channel SAN switches and directors; well versed in fiber channel, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, IP, zoning and masking.
- Act as an operations escalation point for service exceptions, participating in an on-call rotation
- Monitor and correct storage performance issues, preferably in a proactive manner.
- Support, document, and execute on migrations and upgrades in support of platform asset lifecycle management.
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis.
- Troubleshoot difficult problems and recommend appropriate actions, enlisting peer and vendor support as needed.
- Strive to work beyond routine tasks, utilizing a DevOps approach when possible.
- Work with Design and Build Teams to assist in development of new solutions as well as to provide operational feedback on existing production platforms.
- Assist in scoping, simulating, and performing disaster recovery-related exercises.
- Provide assistance cross-functionally in support of Windows, Linux, and ESXi disk performance troubleshooting and optimization.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation (one week rotating shifts).
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- 6+ years IT Experience in Disk Storage Systems Implementation and Support.
- 4+ years experience with EMC hardware; VNX, VMAX, VMAX CE, VxRail.
- 4+ years experience with EMC Software; Navisphere Manager, EMC Secure Remote Gateway, Navisphere Analyzer, RecoverPoint. EMC Control Center.
- 4+ years experience with NetApp FAS.
- 4+ years experience supporting OnTap and related software.
- Experience with Infinidat, Hitachi and Object Storage platforms a plus
- Experience with Virtualization technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required or equivalent experience.
- Storage related certification or formalized training (EMC/Brocade/Cisco/NetApp)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, SLA-bound, 24x7 service provider environment
- Practical understanding of a large breadth of infrastructure technologies under support
- Effectively prioritize reactive and proactive activities
- Department is highly visible and paramount to customer satisfaction
- World-class customer service and communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess problems and execute a viable plan of action
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile process and how they relate to architecture and project delivery
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.