job summary: POSITION SUMMARY
Cloud Systems Administrators are responsible for operating our client's cloud customers' Windows and Linux systems reliably and efficiently. As a member of the team, you work on mission critical cloud applications supporting some of the world's largest enterprises across the globe and have a direct impact on feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that system operations are safe and efficient by monitoring system performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting system components and responding to system connectivity issues. Keeping the cloud systems reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to conduct proactive Windows/Linux system monitoring, remote diagnostic investigation and maintenance activities
- Provide support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts
- Identify, research, and develop system process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation/automation
- Create, use and maintain resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting problems
- Create and follow change requests in accordance with change management policy
- Work with internal groups to create reports on up time, service levels, system utilization, and other key metrics as directed
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
- Running AWS-based automation and troubleshooting issues when they arise.
- Report complex issues to Senior System Admins
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years' experience with Windows and Linux systems administration
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in an ITIL mature environment
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, SES). AWS Certifications are a plus
- Moderate level working knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012, SQL Server. Certifications are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.