job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Manager, Data Analysis for a permanent opportunity located in Woodland Hills, CA. Relocation can be provided nationwide.
location: Woodland Hills, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job description
Position Purpose: Support analytic data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a "go to" person for other Data Analysts.
- Identify and prioritize recurring and ad hoc data analysis needs of the Health Plan to enable management to control medical costs and ensure delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Coordinate analysis and develop initiatives with cross health plan initiatives and capabilities
- Perform analysis and reporting to support the Health Plan and Corporate
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the Health Plan
- Analyze plan data including service and clinical trend analysis
- Develop reports through various data reporting tools
- Manage, mentor, and train team of analysts
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
- Advanced SQL and Microsoft Excel skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred.
- Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.
skills: Additionally, the selected candidate will work with other data teams and mine for utilization and cost savings opportunities for large provider partners; and, take data and find the trends and quantify different savings based on different types of scenarios. Excellent communication and concise presentation skills key.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.