The System Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- 10+ years hands-on experience with installation, configuration, troubleshooting software hardware, networking and accessory equipment
- Experience with Linux administration
- Experience with EMC storage
- Experience with creation and management of VMWare-based virtualized servers/ ESXi 5.5/6.5/Vmware Horizon View
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Windows Server technologies including MS Windows Server (2008/2016), System Center/SCCM, Active Directory, Exchange
- Experience with Atlassian Suite JIRA, Fisheye, Confluence, Crowd - Nice to have.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud Services.
- Experience with Mercurial, CVS, Hudson, Jenkins, Oracle
- In-depth technical knowledge of securing and hardening network and platform operating systems
- Familiar with log management and reporting tools and development
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7/10-based networking environment and Microsoft office applications including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project and Outlook
- Assists with troubleshooting during system outages, including providing after hours support when required. Participates in production change control and follows established guidelines for implementing changes.
- Ability to work independently and a keen sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple priorities seamlessly.
- Ability to follow up on assignments from members of the team, dealing with tight deadlines, and managing priorities effectively while providing excellent customer service
- We are looking for a solid team player with an ?all hands on deck? and a ?can-do? attitude with the understanding that on-call situations may arise to handle emergencies.
- Working experience installing Laptop and Desktop PCs, printers, operating systems, and application software in corporate offices
- Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills; excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.