Routing Customer Service Engineer
The ideal candidate will provide support for cutting edge technologies to service provider and enterprise customers. This is a great opportunity for someone with advanced troubleshooting and highly refined customer support skills to advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Business impact of this role is major.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide second line phone/email/fax consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
--Provides technical support for XR products such as NCS6000, CRS-1, CRS-3 & CRS-X, ASR9000 and NCS5500.
- Provide systems/product training.
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Acts as a technical expert in Routing / Switching.
- Provides support on a world-wide basis.
- Works independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments
- Typically reports to Mgr, Technical Services.
- Typically interfaces with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Applies known solutions to solve problems.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 6-8 years related experience.
- Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems and network environments.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
- In-depth Knowledge of Routing Protocols BGP, MPLS, MPLE-TE, L2VPN, L3VPN, MVPN, ISIS and OSPF.
- CCIE highly desired.
- IOS-XR technologies and experience in a support structure preferred
- Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Proven crisis management skills; Consultative communication skills.
skills: Desired Attributes:
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Working with cross-functional team
* Ability to determine problems and deliver known solutions
* Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.