Develops Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) scripts utilizing a thorough understanding of relational databases, object oriented programming, available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs leveraging Python and Java
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming.
- Overall understanding of Big Data architecture and latest trends.
- Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
- Perform project delivery functions in support of releases
- Responsible for delivery of medium to high complexity project work
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of project tools and data sources.
- Participate in all sprint planning, daily standups, and sprint review sessions
- Perform sprint demos to get stakeholder agreement that sprint deliverables meet the requirements
- Provide support for technical specifications
- Engage in operational readiness activities to ensure that project "go-live" is stable and successful
- Perform QA Automation functions to ensure project delivery is successful
- Maintain breadth of knowledge on all business processes.
- Communicate analytical findings/gaps/solutions to management and offer solutions to meet gaps.
- Manage the synthesis of large data-sets into meaningful information used to drive action.
- Determine opportunities and identify technical solutions to increase analytical processing efficiency.
- Communicate statuses, good and bad, to partners to keep them informed and engaged in the project, minimizing surprises
- Develops Data workflows and automated scripts in Hadoop Environment using Hive, Impala, Hue, Sqoop, Oozie.
- Demonstrate passion for anticipating and meeting the expectations and requirements of business partners.
- Ability to work with different groups to close bridges/gaps, problem solve, and develop solutions
- Strong accountability and desire to deliver a quality product on time, communicate statuses, or offer alternatives to meet customer objectives
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
10+ years' experience with:
-- Object Oriented Design and Development (Python, Java, C#)
-- Agile Engineering Practices
Test Driven Development (TDD)
-- SQL (Expert in any RDBMS, such as Teradata, Oracle, DB2, MSSQL)
-- Scripting in *nix environments
-- Database performance tuning
3+ years' experience with:
-- Hadoop Environment and tools such as Hive, Impala, Hue, Sqoop, Oozie.
-- Demonstrated experience working independently with limited direction
-- Strong written and verbal communication and a strong listener
-- Problem solving and critical thinking
-- Driven to deliver elegant solutions
-- A love of data
-- Healthcare experience is a plus.
skills: Knowledge of:
-- Design Patterns
-- Business Intelligence dashboard creation (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
-- Data automation, quality testing and validation
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.