The Network Manager is responsible for the management of a complex multi-site enterprise network. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing network engineering teams delivering highly available network services to a diverse user base. This role provides the ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, supporting customers deploying a wide-range of cutting-edge and business-critical applications. The successful candidate will have the capability manage multiple network initiatives while operationally managing Our Companys support partners for operational excellence.
The Manager for the Networking team will manage all aspects of the infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, WiFi, and Internet access. The Enterprise Networking team is responsible for end-to-end management for all networking related systems in all Customer Fulfillment Center, Branch Offices and Data Centers. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting both corporate and production networks globally within the organization. The role is an extremely hands-on position and you will be expected to not only provide guidance but also serve as subject matter expert to all aspects within the network domain with the ability to assist in design and configurations as necessary.
location: Davidson, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Manage the data networking infrastructure, networking hardware and software and enterprise LAN\WAN\WLAN infrastructure.
- Partner with Our Company's managed services partner to provide operational excellence with continued process and procedure advancement.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to Our Company's associates and partners with consistency and a "beyond the call of duty" mentality.
- Advise and assist the IT Communications Director in the design development and implementation of plans.
- Hire, retain, and develop staff that embodies the spirit of company.
- Ensure that staffing and scheduling provides complete coverage for Our Company while managing on the job training, career path(s), and performance appraisals are consistently completed with proficiency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive corporate budgets that identify the human, physical and technical resources needed to achieve high support standards.
- Manage a team of Engineers across multiple skillsets to provide 24/7/365 coverage for the enterprise.
- Oversee the administration of a secure, complex enterprise network infrastructure that consolidates and supports multiple protocols. This environment supports corporate and remote locations across multiple states and countries to include a large-scale footprint of Service Centers and remote offices, as well as, connectivity to third-party vendors.
- Oversee the design and implementation of network architecture, network configurations (including hardware & software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies), and systems.
- Develop and create procedures for installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
- Provide engineering services and project management functions required to develop and implement network plans.
- Participate in the bidding process for data circuits and network infrastructure solutions for the enterprise.
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise in Network infrastructure, network security, and related technologies and solutions. Manage and provides guidance to the staff on all aspects of problem determination for hardware, software, communications, and related applications. Determine and direct the involvement of vendors as required.
- Develop deep partnerships and manage vendor account executives and pre-sales engineering to foster collaboration and continuous educational opportunities for Our Company associates.
- Actively participate and/or lead projects, providing consulting to ensure environmental, hardware and software considerations and needs are identified & addressed. Ensure a secure solution and transport is provided to meet business requirements.
- Oversee the design and development of plans for the Disaster Recovery process for the network environment. Manage a complex and highly resilient environment across multiple data centers and a multiregional enterprise environment. Ensure the organization has a secure, robust and resilient networking infrastructure.
- Provide strategic Network Infrastructure planning, design and implementation to meet the increasing demands of technology, business cybersecurity, and compliance.
- Manage the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Aruba Wireless Network infrastructure hardware, software, and related equipment across the organization. Ensures high availability, security and robust infrastructure requirements are met.
- Align architectural strategy with business objectives and global expansion initiatives
- Lead a team of onsite and operational partners to build and support a high performing but stable environment, with automation and innovation.
- Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement.
- Interact with technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet company and market needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
- In partnership with various organizations across the enterprise, analyze, drive, manage and measure services/SLAs within the enterprise.
- Research, experiment with, and inform on network related emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
- Fosters the Our Company Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of Our Company's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five years managing medium to large LAN/WAN/WLAN technical teams is required.
- Minimum of five years experience managing an outsource operational partner.
- Minimum of five years project management experience is required.
- Minimum of five years departmental budgetary responsibility is required.
- Strong team building and people management experience is required.
- Five years managing experience with Network Monitoring and Management.
- Experience working in a Cisco heterogeneous environment is preferred.
- Experience with Class of Service prioritization.
- VOIP experience is preferred.
- Certification such as CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Security preferred.
- Requires a high level of technical expertise in managing an enterprise level complex network infrastructure to include LAN, WAN, data carriers, IPS, Firewall and related networking environments.
- Good knowledge of the application, network, voice and sever infrastructure architecture and dependencies.
- Requires a high level of technical expertise of enterprise level networking technologies to include routing, switching, firewall, application load balancing, application firewalls, DDOS solutions, network monitoring solutions, wireless infrastructure, and network security.
- Requires a high level of expertise in network infrastructure design, IT architecture dependencies and documentation.
- Requires experience in designing and managing a robust and resilient enterprise level network infrastructure. Must possess experience in disaster recovery and contingency planning, design and documentation.
- Requires experience with audit and compliance requirements.
- Uses Network Performance tools for optimal monitoring and management of the Network Infrastructure
- Complete understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IANA, OSPF, and BGP.
- Experience with Network load balancing and redirection. F5 LTM and GTM preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Aruba Wireless and Clear Pass infrastructures.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Firewalls and Proxy Servers.
- Experience with IDS/IPS Systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Network Management Tools such as Solarwinds, OpenView, Sniffers, and Dynatrace.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal communications skills are required.
- Knowledge of PC, network, and data communications.
- Strong team building and people management experience is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.