The Application Development Engineer will
define, test, analyze, maintain, execute, assess, and troubleshoot web and non-web software applications. This includes detail review of the architecture providing recommendations that align with the IT strategic vision.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 104,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design, develop and deliver quality solutions for our Guidewire platform, including configuration of the Guidewire PolicyCenter and/or BillingCenter application and integrations between Guidewire PolicyCenter and/or BillingCenter with internal/external supporting systems.
- Create build plans, technical designs, estimations and timelines for development activities that deliver solutions on time and within budget.
- Be both a "hands-on" developer and a lead in the delivery of the solutions.
- Partner with the business, to understand their requirements and design solutions that meet their needs.
- Work with vendors for efficient implementation of new systems or integrations; resolve any adaptation issues; recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Support continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and a minimum of 3 years in progressive responsible positions is required. A graduate level study in the previously stated areas is a plus.
- 4+ years of SDLC and Java EE experience
- 2+ years of Guidewire platform and integrations experience is highly desirable
- Experience with web-based solutions and methodologies
- Experience with Agile and other established software development life cycles
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and other common design patterns
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong customer-focus and relationship building skills
- Experience with Gosu and Jira is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.