The ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) Developer Lead is responsible for the movement of data into and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which will source data from many of Client's institutional systems. Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data warehouse and other system integration projects. Provide guidance and leadership to fellow ETL developers.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods, development templates, and to determine job scheduling.
- Work in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment tasked to build a data warehouse using complex transformations that come from many of Client's systems.
- Lead peer design sessions of ETL jobs in IBM Data Stage
- Develop ETL jobs primarily in IBM Data Stage, that satisfy identified business process and data models.
- Lead peer code reviews for ETL jobs that are to be released for testing
- Provide guidance on best practices and documentation of development items
- Troubleshoot and help improve existing ETL jobs.
- Assist Data Warehouse Architect with data modeling and data architecture as needed
- Help in migration and integration testing
- Follow set standards and best practices in ETL development. Refactor existing jobs that do not follow set standards.
- Provide guidance in some Data Stage administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues in unusually long running jobs, etc.
- Work with other development units in improving best practices in ETL development for Client.
- Monitor nightly loads and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Maintain technical support documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Degrees required for this job: Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education Degrees preferred:
Years of experience required for this job: 7-8 years of job-related experience. At least 4 years in ETL development in IBM Data Stage ETL tool. These may overlap for a total of 7 years' work experience
- Full life-cycle experience on large/complex enterprise software development projects.
- Hands on experience in IBM DataStage ETL Design, Development & Build.
- Experience in project life cycle activities on DW/BI (Data warehouse and Business Intelligence) development and maintenance projects.
- Experience loading a dimensionally modeled Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Familiar with dimensional data warehousing concepts such, Facts and Dimensions, surrogate keys, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Bridge tables, Periodic and Accumulating Snapshots, etc.
- Experience in developing best practices, unit testing and developer code reviews.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux system, files systems, shell scripting.
- Understanding of databases/ data marts/data warehouses and complex SQL and Oracle PL/SQL. Experience with databases including Oracle (12c), Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- MUST HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH IBM DATASTAGE 11.5 or higher.
- PREFER EXPERIENCE WITH INTEGRATIONS WITH DATASTAGE AND WORKDAY FINANCIALS
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SOAP API AND FILE-BASED INTEGRATIONS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.