The DevOps Architect will be responsible for a cloud migration project and drive effective delivery of product/platform needs through developing high quality software and technical solutions. Fluent across the full stack and coaches junior developers to promote a flexible mindset and develop technical competence.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leverages strong understanding of business to develop high quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Drives and leads adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis etc.
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
- Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluates emerging technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen development practices
- May play a supervisory role toward junior technical resources as they commit to and deliver work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- 5-10 years of experience in developing high performance and highly scalable applications in an agile environment, depending on education
- Strong understanding of Scrum and other agile development techniques
- Strong experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS
- Fluency in DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment / delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
skills: - Architecture, Lift and Shift, Data Migration, Jenkins, JAVA - Python - Ruby,
- Able to command a room
- Smaller company experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.