job summary: Position Description:Title:
Administrative Business Partner
Google Product, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world's health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
As an Executive Assistant, you're at the heart of Google Product's operations and activities and the soul that keeps the company moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your manager, and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the fast-paced environment and are up to date with the latest Google Product projects and the healthcare and technology space. In addition to being organized and analytical, you are a team player and possess strong business judgment and communication skills needed to strategically support and interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to eradicate mosquito-borne disease with Sterile Insect Technique. For more information, please visit our website.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $43.33 - 48.20 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Proactively and autonomously manage calendars, prioritizing internal and external meetings to reflect business needs.
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks, with a focus on managing calendars and scheduling, booking travel, expensing/reimbursing, and event planning.
- Strategically support leadership, business, and partner activities.
qualifications: Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of direct executive support experience.
- Expertise in fundamental administrative tools and processes.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
skills: Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with executive level support.
- Interest and experience in the healthcare and/or technology industry.
- Strong problem solving ability combined with impeccable judgement, and responsive to varying needs with limited guidance or direction.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with G-Suite tools.
Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Requirements:
- A self-starter who can recognize where processes can be improved and takes the initiative to improve them.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business judgment, professional etiquette and organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.