Our client is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer to assist the organization in building and launching an all-new AWS environment for use in new initiatives. As a member of the ATC team, you will be on the ground floor on a new AWS implementation for the company, with the opportunity to utilize your expertise to become a Cloud SME for Elavon. If you are a technologist who enjoys working on new technologies in a challenging, fast-paced environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware
- Maintain and transform traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring.
- Design of cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS using industry best practices
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
- Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
- Assist developments teams with designing new applications with a "cloud-native" approach to application architecture.
qualifications: Required Skills/Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years experience with utilizing, configuring, and installing software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms.
- At least 4 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
skills: Preferred Skills/Experience
- Technical experience in building infrastructure and applications for elasticity, resiliency,
- and recoverability (Site Reliability Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline and/ or equivalent related development experience in lieu of degree
- 7 years of experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- 2 years of experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- 2 years of experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, including the use of Git to automate workflow of code from development to production.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.