We are currently seeking a Virtual Desktop Engineer for the Houston, TX area. An ideal candidate will play an important role in the delivering of the next generation of desktop computing at the client site.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
You will work within a team that supports and enables the company's global business activities by providing technology services across physical devices, mobility, desktop operating systems, application packaging, printing and remote access.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Background in VMware virtualization, VDI design, networking, storage and automation in large enterprise environments
- Provide design and delivery expertise across the Virtual Desktop platform and will be key in the teams success in delivering a global transformation of the Virtual Desktop service.
- Must be able to collaborate with various internal and external technology and business teams
- Must have a user-centric mindset
- Working knowledge with VMWare Horizon, VMWare ESX, VMWare vSAN, Powershell, storage and networking as it relates to VDI is required
- Experience in design, deployment and management of VMWare Horizon Virtual Desktop and application presentation platform in pooled and/or persistent model
- Detailed understanding of VMware data center, pod and cluster architecture with respect to VDI platforms across multiple datacenters
- Design and/or implementation of VMWare NSX with respect to VDI will be advantageous
- Microsoft Desktop SOE Design, SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policies, Application Packaging and deployments is a huge plus
- Experience in successfully transitioning to Cloud services for published desktop and application services is a plus
- Documentation skills in referencing existing and developing new materials where required. Confluence and JIRA tools a plus
skills: Demonstrable capability in seeing the operational impact of design decisions to ensure successful delivery outcomes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.