Scrum / Kanban Master
This individual will be asked to fulfill the role of Scrum Master to lead a medium size team that delivers technology solutions on Big Data Platform. The Scrum/Kanban Master embraces agile principles and values, and is responsible for the facilitation of team progress towards its goals and objectives, and meeting commitments. The Scrum/Kanban Master guides an agile team towards high levels of optimization with regards to the team's performance and of the flow of work. They act as a facilitator, coach, and mentor who guides a team in executing the practices of an Agile approach such as Kanban, Scrum and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). They promote positive team dynamics, encourage collaboration and guide the team toward self-organization.
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $42.50 - 53.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Hold responsibility for the process and health of the scrum team (about 8-9 members per work stream)
- Facilitates and works with the team to optimize work flow ensuring team progress towards objectives, goals and commitments.
- Responsible for facilitating team level ceremonies/cadences (e.g. standups, iteration planning/replenishment, and retrospectives), removing impediments to the team's success, and resolving conflict within the team.
- Ensures team adherence to Agile principles.
- Partners with Product Owner to ensure backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for team.
- Facilitates team level planning, tracking, measurement/metrics, reporting, and financial management activities; providing visibility to the team and stakeholders and enabling high-quality decision making. Ensures focus on Agile Program and organizational guidelines.
- Ensure teams are audit compliant
- Ensure scrum team follows all normal scrum cadences
- Two or more years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices
- Working knowledge of Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Test-driven Development, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Burn-down Metrics, Velocity etc.
- Experience using agile toolsets such as Agile Central
- Demonstrated ability to effectively persuade rather than use authority
- Able to create an environment of mutual influence and understand and empathize with others.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional, team-oriented environment.
- Has moderate knowledge of varying technologies, software development processes, and technical practices.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience. Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills. Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
skills: Technical Experience:
- PMP Cert preferred
- Scrum Cert preferred
- SA Cert preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Project
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Presentation Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.