As a Senior Quality Automation Engineer within the Cloud organization you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge web technologies to develop test automation for Magic Leap's Platforms and APIs. The ideal candidate will have experience developing tests for responsive modern web interfaces consuming REST based web services, remarkable problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a passion for testing.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 57 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with technical leaders and other software engineers in a collaborative environment to deliver next generation web components
- Create automated tests at different levels of the test pyramid (unit, integration, system)
- Design and implement mock services and components to enhance automation for cloud products
- Design, build, and maintain automation tools and frameworks
- Develop and execute performance tests using internal frameworks towards major releases
- Participate in code reviews and provide quality-driven feedback to engineers
- Build and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure efficient testing and deployment
- Learn best practices from senior and technical leadership team members
- Embrace emerging web technology standards
- Collaborate with engineers to design and implement effective test strategies
- Coordinate various test-related activities for project delivery, such as identification of task dependencies, creation of test schedules, design of test data, and utilization of test environments
- Manage relationships and coordinate development between different teams at different locations
- Develop and monitor test metrics and provide timely communication to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Work with Release Engineers, Product, and Program to determine release readiness
- At least 5 years experience building test automation
- Experience developing tests for RESTful web services
- Experience with Swagger or OpenAPI
- Experience with Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven Development (Cucumber)
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Experience with one or more CI/CD automation tool (Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Concourse CI)
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience testing production-quality web applications that consume RESTful services.
- Experience in all aspects of testing of components/services including Performance, Functional, Integration, and Unit testing
- Comfort working with remote teams in multiple time zones
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- AWS certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.