Senior Identity & Access Management Engineer IaM
Great opportunity for a Senioir IAM Engineer who is looking for a company that fosters an open and collaborative culture and new ideas are welcomed. As a member of this team you will create strategies for the dept as well as plan, implement, and lead app installation projects.
This is a direct hire role with competitive compensation, benefits, PTO and work life balance.
In order to avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a qualified candidate I will respond back to you same business day.
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As an IAM Systems Engineer you are part of a team that is responsible for design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of Identity and Access Management applications program in support of various functional areas. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand and address customer need and develop implementation plans.
Essential Functions: The Identity & Access Management group is part (Enterprise Information Security) function and is responsible for a wide range of applications technical expertise and security. This team is accountable for the core Identity and Access Management Infrastructure . As a part of a team, you will help to ensure that team objectives and project deadlines are met.
The essential functions of the team include:
- Create long-term strategy for the department and communicate it to team members and peers in other functional areas.
- Plan, design, implement, and lead application installation projects or operating process.
- Analyze, test, and debug applications.
- Develop IAM interfacing with corporate driven applications across functional areas such as Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.
- Develop and maintain systems level software and utilities for both existing and new systems. Develop and Support Web Service interfaces to and from IAM systems.
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. May work with technical teams, including Business Systems Analysts, to understand functional business needs and jointly develop automated solutions.
- Write, maintain and implement systems specifications and corresponding maintenance documentation.
- Help with problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure client satisfaction for delivered technical solutions.
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resources needs, and projected outcomes.
- Mentorship and training of IAM Engineers and developers by more senior members of the team on processes and tools.
- Project management.
Strong understanding of Identity Management technologies, including access control and account provisioning methods
o Strong understanding of access policies, enterprise-wide policy enforcements o Expertise in at least one suite of identity tools (Microsoft, Oracle, CA, IBM TIM/TAM)
o Expertise in LDAP and DB concepts (Oracle, SQL server)
o Some coding experience with J2EE and shell scripting and SQL
o Good understanding of industry standards for audit and compliance (SOX, ISO 27001)
o General understanding of application security requirements both from enterprise and cloud perspectives.
o Understanding of technologies used for data mining and report generators
skills: Experience with multiple of the following is preferred:
o Identity integration with SaaS vendors
o Understanding of identity requirements for mobile applications
o Windows, Unix/Linux & VMware o PERL, Java, Shell Scripting, HTML 5
o J2EE, Servlet Engines and Application Servers
o AD, OIM, OAM, SAML, LDAP, RADIUS, ISE and other identity systems Azure, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft IDaaS, PowerShell, Active Directory Federation Services, Microsoft O365
o Experienced on Multi Factor Authentication solutions o Experienced on Privileged Access Management solutions
o Experienced on Single sign-on services
o Content management systems
o Source control software (SVN preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. - Ability to work collaboratively with other IAM Systems Engineering team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well. - Account management and project management experience. - Excellent aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment. - Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices. - Creative approach to problem solving. - Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines. - General understanding of application security
The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches. o This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation. o Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties. o Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently. o The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert. o To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.
A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 12 years of experience is preferred. - A Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field is required; or equivalent experience. - Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.