We currently haven an open position for a Manufacturing Engineer with a top employer in the area. This is a permanent opportunity and a direct hire!
This engineer plans and designs manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. In addition, the engineer provides direct advisory support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly and material handling.
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 67,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, conduct MRP support studies, factory cost work standard development and assignments of similar complexity.
- Compile and evaluate test and production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Provide production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Conduct analysis or tests pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinate with other technical support personnel.
- Assign work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 1 year related experience.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience with analytical and CAD software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Requires strong knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing theory and design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very hands on role
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Previous experience in a large manufacturing facility a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.