Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for an AWS Cloud Architect to sit onsite in Rockville, MD to be the go-to cloud expert on a new project.
This is a multi year contract paying up to $120/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $100 - 120 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Design application architectures using AWS components based on business requirements.
- Act as portfolio architect, ensuring consistency.
- Ensure applications work within existing ecosystem of approved AWS components, security, DevOps and compliance.
- Build prototypes (hands-on) of new technologies to determine suitability for use.
- Work closely with product team to understand requirements.
- Work closely with app development teams during implementation of architectures.
- Work with other architects
- Present architectures to senior management.
- 3 or more years extensive real-world experience with AWS
- Experience with AWS that goes beyond "lift and shift", infrastructure and DevOps to include architecting new systems using cloud technologies based on business requirements.
- Serverless architecture experience preferred.
- 10 or more years overall software engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical, math or scientific field.
- Ability to be hands-on and write code for prototypes when needed.
- AWS certifications preferred
skills: Must Have:
Nice to Have:
- AWS Architecture/Development
- Experience prototyping an piloting new cloud releases
- Excellent Communication skills- ability to defend why the business needs certain enhancements and ability to navigate through the politics of the business
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.